AP over AThe decision to cancel all racing today was taken after extensive consideration of all information available and in the light of wind strength forecasts for the afternoon. Having consulted a range of forecasts, all indications are for a minimum wind strength of some 20 kts with gusts well above that.

In addition, professional forecasts are showing a building situation through the afternoon, including potential gusts in excess of 40 kts.

Three race committees had put to sea and monitored conditions for a period of well over one hour; they reported unacceptable and unsafe sea conditions which were considered unlikely to abate until well into the afternoon, even with the turn of the tide.

As a result it was decided that there was no alternative than to cancel racing for today

. ……………………………………….

Gill Smith
Principal Race Officer

Thursday 20 July 2017

COWES CLASSICS WEEK SPONSORS
Classic Boat Magazine
Red Funnel Ferries
Winkworth Estate Agency
Kendalls Fine Art Gallery
Cowes Harbour Commission
Charles Stanley Direct
Slider